Hacktoberfest — brought to you by DigitalOcean in partnership with Dev & Intel — is a month-long celebration of open source software. No contribution is too small — bug fixes and documentation updates are valid ways of participating. PEC ACM is a part of this worldwide celebration. With this event, we aim to promote FOSS culture at PEC.
First, sign up on the Hacktoberfest site at https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com. To qualify for the official limited edition Hacktoberfest shirt, you must register and make four pull requests between October 1-31. Pull requests can be to any public repo on GitHub, not just the ones with issues labeled Hacktoberfest. If a maintainer reports your pull request as spam or spammy behavior, or not in line with the project’s code of conduct, you will be ineligible to participate.
Hacktoberfest meetups are welcoming, open, and inclusive. Please read our Events Code of Conduct before attending. Happy hacking!
Who can attend?
Locations have different requirements for who can attend. This location is open to the following:
--> 1530 HRS (3:30 PM)
Introduction to the Society and discussing our plan for the day
--> till 1600HRS (4:00 PM)
Introduction to FOSS
-With 2 subtopics
- What is Open Source, Why Open Source
-Motivation to "commit"
--> 1605 - 1630HRS ( 4:05 PM to 4:30 PM )
Introduction to Hacktoberfest
- With 4 subtopics
- What Hacktoberfest is all about
- What are its perks and Swags
- How can this help you to get started in Open Source
Where to start Hacktoberfest
--> 1635 - 1700HRS ( 4:35 PM to 5:00 PM )
Finding Easy Issues
- With 4 subtopics
- Where to start Open Source
- Hacktoberfest Repos up for PRs (Pull Requests)
- A word of caution on Spamtoberfest
- Important Repos to focus on to Gain More Swags
--> 1705 - 1735HRS ( 5:05 PM to 5:35 PM )
PR & Bug Fixes
- with 3 subtopics
- Types of issues and enhancements that can be done
- What is a Good First Issue
- Hands-on demo on how to do this
--> 1740 - 1805HRS ( 05:40 PM - 06:05 PM )
Event Outro and Conclusion
-->till 1820 HRS (06:20PM) (edited)